Wednesday, October 25, 2006
1. As a teenager, on Saturdays and school holidays, I used to work for my father in his shop - he sold children's clothes. On a regular basis I would stand in the shop window like a mannequin (when he was out, obviously) and suddenly move when people were staring in the shop window - it kept me amused for hours!!
2. When I was 6 I broke my leg and had plaster on it from top to bottom. To this day, one of my calves is thinner than the other.
3. As a student I worked in a pub during the holidays. One evening, to celebrate the landlord's birthday, a group of us (including his wife) dressed up and did the can-can for him (yes, we did get totally wasted before doing it). When we bent over at the end, the writing on all our knickers spelt out 'happy birthday' (I was 'bir'). That was the evening I met my dh!!
4. I have such a bad memory, it's not unusual for me to put something on to cook and then go out. I also have no recollection of the time my children were born, how much they weighed, when they cut their first teeth, took their first step etc.
5. I'm such an anal list writer that I put things on my list AFTER I've done them, just so I can cross them off my list!
I tag: Amanda Ashby, Christina Phillips, Erica Orloff, Maureen McGowan and Allison Winn Scotch
And that is truly fabulous that you met your DH while celebrating your landlords birthday with the letters BIR on your can!
Sometimes I get confused about his date of birth too!
1. Sent them to school, when they'd broken up for holidays
2. Enrolled my son in a new school in NZ and accidentally ticked the 'girl' box and also transposed his first and middle name - so they kept calling him the wrong name.
3. (my favourite) I decided to help my daughter relax before her exams (not that she got particularly stressed) and put a few drops of Bach Rescue Remedy in her orange juie (she was about 11) - and she was so relaxed she couldn't even finish the exam paper. She came bottom in that one (English) and in the other English paper came near the top (which is where she should have come). She has forgiven me!! But i still chuckle every time I think of it.
Having said that, if anyone's going to dress up in women's clothes for a school performance it's him. I nearly wet myself laughing when his house did a song from the Rocky Horror Show last year in their House Music contest - fishnet tights, purple tail coat and make-up so thick it took a hammer and chisel to remove it!!